Wailua River Kayak Tour
Rainbow Kayak Tours invites you to enjoy an amazing Kauai Kayaking tour at a discounted price! Rainbow Kayak Tours is one of our Kauai Activities suitable for the entire family. Rainbow Kayak Tours includes your choice of sandwiches and has 2 different check in times to choose from. Reserve this Wailua River Kayak tour which is a top rated Yelp activity and a great Hawaii activity and a top Kauai tour.
Everything is included in this Kayak tour in Kauai. All equipment and accessories, dry storage & dry bags on boat for cameras and personal things, Backpack use, and Personal Flotation Devices are included on this amazing Kauai Kayaking tour.
Rainbow Kayak tours offers a delicious picnic lunch. You have your choice of turkey, ham, or vegetarian sandwich. Beverages are provided on this Kauai kayak tour.
Your Kauai kayaking journey with Rainbow tours begins at the mouth of the Wailua river and continues through sacred valley once reserved only for the The Royal Family. Your Kauai kayak guides will take you back to these ancient times with an informative narration, sharing with you the rich Hawaiian history and legends of the Wailua River and Valley. Your Kauai Kayaking tour will continue up the river's North Fork where you will start your easy trek through a tropical rainforest.
This sacred valley is lined with scenic waterways. Enjoy a refreshing dip and see a 120 foot waterfall. This Rainbow Kayaking tour is about 4.5 hours of easy Kauai kayaking paddling, hiking and relaxing. Don't miss out on the best kayaking tour in Kauai.See the Special notes below for what to bring and other information on the best Kauai kayaking tour!
- Kayak and paddles
- Dry storage & dry bags on kayak for cameras and personal things
- Backpack use
- Personal flotation device
- Delicious picnic lunch - you may choose turkey, ham, roast beef, or vegetarian sandwich
- Fresh pineapple, chips, cookies and bottled water
Kauai Kayak Tour
- Where and When:
- 7:00 am Tour Time: Check in at 6:50 am. Tour returns approximately 12:00 pm.
12:30 pm Tour Time: Check in at 12:20 pm. Tour returns approximately 5:30 pm.
Check in at 440 Aleka Pl, Kapaa, HI 96746 View Map
DIRECTIONS FROM THE NORTH: South on Highway 56 through Kapaa 1/2 mile past McDonalds in Foodland Center to Coconut Marketplace. Turn left just before the Marketplace at Aleka Loop. Go behind the Marketplace, following Aleka Loop to Rainbow Kayak at Islander Shops next to Resort Quest Islander on the Beach.
DIRECTIONS FROM THE SOUTH: Take Highway 50 past Lihue to Hwy 56 North. Cross Wailua River (double bridge] one mile to Coconut Marketplace and turn right past the Marketplace on Aleka Loop. Turn behind the Marketplace following Aleka Loop to Rainbow Kayak at Islander Shops next to Islander on the Beach.
- This kayaking and hiking adventure is suitable for ages 5 to 75. Participants should be comfortable in the water, enjoy hiking and be in good physical condition. Expect about four miles of paddling and just over 1 mile of hiking. Trail conditions can be muddy and slippery at times. Not suitable for those with bad knees, or bad backs. Participants must be able to walk 1.5 miles & kayak 60-90 minutes.
- Not available for women who will be 20 weeks pregnant or more on the date of the tour.
This kayaking and hiking adventure is suitable for ages 5 to 75.
Participants should be comfortable in the water, enjoy hiking and be in good physical condition.
Expect about four miles of paddling and just over 1 mile of hiking.
Trail conditions can be muddy and slippery at times.
Participants must be able to walk 1.5 miles & kayak 60-90 minutes.
- Special Notes:
- Please wear comfortable shoes (hiking boots or sandals -Tevas, water shoes - tabis, tennis or running shoes), Light comfortable clothing. Please wear a swimsuit under your clothing. Please bring sunscreen, towel, hat, sunglasses, and rain gear.
You may wish to bring an extra set of clothes to leave in our van.
Bring a camera (each kayak has a watertight compartment).
- Operation Days:
- Monday through Saturday
- 5 hours
- Rainbow Kayaks
- 12 guests per tour